Monday, September 19, 2016

Teach your children key household skills

Okay there are two reasons I am encouraging you to teach your children key household skills.

1st - It's great for you.  I strongly believe that kids need to help around the house.

2nd - It's great for your kids too, even if they don't yet realize it.

Teaching kids how to do things around the house helps them to develop independence and it helps them to feel connected to the family.

When a child has been taught these things they are able to go out into the real world when the time comes and know how to look after themselves.

So here are a few key skills I encourage you to teach your child (obviously adjust to fit your child's age).

How to keep the house tidy (pick up as you go along)
How to clean the house
Washing and ironing
How to cook a few basic meals - My favourite is Spaghetti bolognese.  This was the first dish I taught each of my kids.
How to budget
How to make a grocery list
...

Share your thoughts below and if you've enjoyed this post, please share it and follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment