Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Give your kids set chores

I strongly believe that we need to give our kids chores around the house, either for pocket money or not.

At the beginning of every school year I sit down with my son and we decide upon his household chores for the year.

As my son has got older his chores have changed and I also let him have a say as to what he's responsible for.

One of his jobs used to be taking the bins from inside the house out to the big bin and putting in out to the front of the house for collection on a Thursday.

He was fine taking the big bin to the front of the house but really hated doing the inside bins.  He'd done the jobs for a year, so I felt this was a tradable job.  He wasn't allowed to just stop doing it, but we decided on a different job instead.

One of his current jobs is to clear about and dust the car inside each week.

He always has to keep his own bedroom tidy and clean and help with the general clearing away after meals and tidying his own things up at the end of the day.

Each year I give him 2-3 weekly chores.

Then I'll give him extra chores that he can earn extra money from (it's his choice to do the extra jobs)

Share your thoughts, please share this post and follow for more tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment